Non-urgent advice: COVID-19 Notice
– Can we please remind patients that you must NOT attend the surgery unless the GP or Nurse has asked you to do so.
– We are here for pre-bookable and medically required same day telephone appointments and should the GP feel they need to see you in person you will be given a time to attend. Patients can also book in with the Nurse for procedures such as smears, annual reviews, NHS health checks and much more, if unsure please contact reception.
– We also encourage patients to make use of the on-line services such as e-Consult and Patient Access for more flexibility and to assist the admin team at this busy time.
– Can we also ask that a face covering is worn at all times when on the surgery premises and that you sanitise when entering and leaving the building.
Out of Hours and Emergencies
111 is the NHS non-emergency number. It’s fast, easy and free. Call 111 and speak to a highly trained adviser, supported by healthcare professionals. They will ask you a series of questions to assess your symptoms and immediately direct you to the best medical care for you.
NHS 111 is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Calls are free from landlines and mobile phones.
Access Out of Hours
Improving access to general practice: evening and weekend appointments now available
Gateshead Extra Care Service now provide additional appointments with local GPs and nurses. This service offers pre-bookable appointments at:
Central Gateshead Health Centre – Monday to Friday 2pm – 8pm
Blaydon Primary Care Centre – Monday to Friday 8am – 1pm & 3pm – 8pm, Saturday – Sunday 9am – 2pm
Jubilee Wing, Queen Elizabeth Hospital – Monday to Friday 6pm – 10pm, Saturday -Sunday 10am – 3pm.
Please contact us to make an appointment, the receptionist will ask you the symptoms before booking as some problems are not appropriate for these appointments.
By March 2019 everyone in England will benefit from access to general practice appointments in the evenings and weekends at a time that is most convenient to them. This is part of a national drive to help improve access to general practice and get the best possible outcomes for patients.
Further information is available at www.england.nhs.uk/gpaccess
COVID-19 SWAB TEST10th June 2021
Mental health and nature10th June 2021
My Story by Alan10th June 2021
Online services allow you to:
- book, check or cancel appointments with a GP, nurse or other healthcare professional
- order repeat prescriptions
- see parts of your health record, including information about medicines, vaccinations and test results
- see communications between your GP surgery and other services, such as hospitals
Subscribe to our Latest News!
Non-urgent advice: Practice Statement
Our mission at Sunniside Practice, is to work as a team, providing our patients with a high quality service at all times.